The History of Portland Chapter
Portland Chapter was organized on March 5, 1930, and confirmed by the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution on April 12, 1930. The first meeting of the Chapter's Board of Management was held April 11, 1930, at the home of the Organizing Regent Amy Littlehale Walker.
Portland Chapter had 28 Organizing Members. At the conclusion of its first year 42 Daughters had qualified as Charter Members.
Portland Chapter, NSDAR celebrated the 70th anniversary of their organization on Saturday, March 4, 2000, with an anniversary tea at the Albertina Kerr Nursery Association in Portland.
Portland Chapter, NSDAR celebrated the 75th anniversary of their organization on Saturday, March 12, 2005, with an anniversary tea at the Holladay Park Plaza in Portland.
Portland Chapter, NSDAR celebrated the 80th anniversary of their organization held on February 27, 2010 at the Historic Fort Vancouver in the Red Cross Building.
DAR Memorial Markers Placed by Portland Chapter
In October 1947 Portland Chapter placed a granite marker on the grave of Frances Fuller Victor at Riverview Cemetery, Portland, Oregon. She was a pioneer writer and historian. Born May 23, 1826 - Died November 14, 1902.
A bronze marker is at the door of the Graham A. Griswold room at Newell House. The room which was furnished in 1957 by Portland Chapter recognizes Mr. Griswold as a SAR, Mason & philanthropist.